2012 Computer Build
It is time to upgrade the computer at home. My last computer build was completed in December of 2007. It was a Intel Q6600 based system. The Q6600 has been stable at 3.2ghz for all these years and I have been very happy with it.
Ever since that build I have been watching out for the next CPU that could overclock well. Enter the Intel 2500K.
This CPU is solid and with very little ‘tweaking’ I am running at 4ghz. Once I find more time I hope to reach the 4.2ghz or 4.5ghz range.
- ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
- COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
- Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5″ 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
- CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
- COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case