Lost or Found a Pet in the Triangle Area (North Carolina)?
My wife and I found a lost dog on July 4th, 2010. We were lost ourselves after finding the lost dog did not have a collar or RFID chip. It was July 4th and we could see the many fireworks scared it. Our family helped find the owners, but I figured posting this somewhere for future reference would be handy:
- Create a found/lost posting in lost & found on: http://raleigh.craigslist.org
- Create a found/lost posting at: Triangle Lost Pets (sponsored by Wake County)
- Want to check for a RFID chip? Animal Hospitals can read these chips. If it is after hours, this vet is open 24 hours: Quail Corners Animal Hospital
- Lost and Found @ SPCA
- Leave your phone number with people when asking around the neighborhood (just in case the owners ask the same folks later).
- Pet Finder also has alot of information for finding hospitals.
- Wait… for any replies (hardest part).